In 15 days I will celebrate my 5 year anniversary on YouTube. You know – it’s nothing I really have thought of celebrating – but there are a few reasons why.
- When I created the YouTube account 5 years ago, the reason was to share a rehearsal recording from a wedding ceremony with a friend in Paris who was inquiring for singing at her wedding, and the file was too large to email, and I decided to try a new channel…
- When uploading the video I had the option of making it public or private. I remember selecting the public setting, with a mixed feeling of excitement and fear. This was the first time I had performed in a trio – and that was a very big thing.
- When viewing the videos on YouTube I hid behind the computer screen, almost underneath the table – the few people whom I showed it to can attest. And yes, my face turned red, blushing, too – that is part of my signature at times.
- In a conversation on this topic with video marketer expert Dan Safkow at Blog World in LA in Nov 2011, I realized that I have YouTube to thank for partly getting over my stage fright.
- My first video uploaded today has 27,652 views. My channel has 63,309 views in total. 23 Subscribers. And I am not hiding below the table 😉
I joked about that I would start a YouTube channel or video series called Lady in Red. Lead the way and show others that they could do the same thing. Break through stage fright. So here it is. I say as my Norwegian room mate in San Diego – actually – the man who got married in the wedding we sang at: “Come with me and I’ll take you places”.
Please join me in the celebration by doing 3 things… 😉
- Subscribe to my channel: click here
- Create your own YouTube Channel – and announce in the comments below what the link is so, that we can subscribe to yours.
- Ask for Herringbone’s services for help, if you want to optimize yours. YouTube moved all accounts to their new profile set-up this past March 7. There are quite a few nifty things you can do.
This is the YouTube Debut Song, Ulf Lundell’s “Kärleken förde oss samman” (Love brought us together) featuring Helene Vik (now 3rd team – not yet announced – member at Herringbone) and Ylva Elias (Biotech Sales Professional and Singer, San Diego).