Leadership Lessons from Dancing Guy: How to create a movement in three minutes…
1. As a leader you need to have the guts to stand alone and look ridiculous.
2. Remember to nurture the first few followers and embrace them as equals.
3. Make everything clearly about the movement, and not about you.
4. Be public, be easy to follow.
5. Leadership is over glorified. It starts with the shirtless guy, and he will get all the credit. But, it is the first follower that transforms a lone nut into a leader.
6. There is no movement without the first follower.
7. We are told that we all need to be leaders, but that is really ineffective.
8. The best way to make a movement, if you really care, is to courageously follow and show others to follow.
9. When you find a lone nut doing something great, have the guts to stand up and join in.
Which dance do you want to dance? Whom’s dance do you want to follow?
If you are unsure – there is a great event this week in the Bay Area: Bay Area National Dance Week. You can try all different kinds – for free! http://www.bayareandw.org/
Raisa - the only soloist performer at the Grand Opening flashmob. Would you have the guts to join her dance?