Friday, Oct 25, 5.06pm. iPhone reactivated, restored and functioning. With data as of October 23, noon.
Dear Apple: I love you. Your product features are unbeatable, and your service outstanding. Getting a new SIM card and SIM card holder and a functioning phone same day, was fantastic.
Police Department of San Francisco: you did an amazing job, thank you for finding the thief and for driving me till the bitter end…
Dimitri: thank you for calling the cop and for pulling up “Find iPhone” on your Sportique store computer.
Anna Sandgren, E. Denise Johnson, Roger Francisco and team: having a team that know what they are doing and if not, create from what is, is fantastic. I’m glad I could join the photo shoot in the end.
Denise, Tatiana, Agatha and Valencia – you looked beautiful. Especially in those LLXLLQ shoes 😉 You are such pro’s – an honor to work with you! The Michael Boris and GreenBlackDress clothing was a very nice, classy and classic complement as well.
SFMTA – you only did your job – but you better accept my citation protest for the $501 car tow fee and $83 parking ticket, due to me being stuck at the police department processing the claim.
1. No matter time and location: don’t walk with valuable things in your hand that can be easily taken away from you.
2. If someone robs you – it is worth running after and screaming – other people will help.
3. The iPhone app “Find iPhone” is outstanding. Having the police on the phone and being able to tell them the exact corner where the phone is located helped track down the thief.
4. The back seats of Police cars ain’t made for comfort – you don’t want to sit there.
5. And finally – it is true what they say: Ladybugs brings you luck. This was my screen “savior”.
If my letter to the 14 year old boy, who stole the iPhone from my hand when I was standing on the street looking for a store, impacts him in a positive way sooner or later – then this was all worth it. That is my last wish to this ladybug before I change the screen saver.
Yesterday was quite a day – from beginning to end. It ended well, and I’m glad it is over.
Enjoy the weekend all. Keep dancing in the moment!